SharePoint Business Process Automation Certificate
The SharePoint Business Process Automation Certificate recognizes the advanced experience and skill of SharePoint professionals who achieve business success using business process automation. SharePoint Business Process Automation Certificate holders are able to automate processes in order to contain costs, conserve labor resources and integrate applications all by applying SharePoint solutions.
One can attain the SharePoint Business Process Automation Certificate by meeting the following requirements:
- Obtain the SharePoint Power User Certificate from SPI (or equivalent knowledge)
- Take a SharePoint Institute approved course in Business Process Automation
- Pass the SharePoint Business Process Automation Assessment
Approved courses are provided by any of SharePoint Institute’s education partners and many include an exam pass guarantee to receive the certificate.
While completion of an approved course is not required to receive the SharePoint Business Process Automation Certificate, attendance in a relevant SharePoint Business Process Automation course is highly recommended for those looking to gain a complete, implementable understanding of SharePoint capabilities.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon successful completion of an approved course and receiving a passing score on the SharePoint Business Process Automation assessment, students will be able to:
- Plan for and create SharePoint portals that are designed intentionally to address and facilitate business process automation.
- Demonstrate how to use the out-of-the-box SharePoint Apps to provide solutions to real-world business problems.
- Explain the features and usability of the SharePoint templates that can be utilized to manage business information: Team Site, Project Site, Records Center, and Document Center.
- Demonstrate how to create, configure, and manage each of the SharePoint templates and detail which are specific to Business Process Automation.
- Create, configure, and manage KPI’s to provide valuable insights of business and team information.
- Explain, create, and configure the advanced List and Library features and options for managing information and implementing specific business processes.
- Demonstrate how to classify and categorize information by using metadata.
- Explain how to implement document management policies and create using Information Management Policies for retention, auditing, and labels.
- Explain the value of and create then configure In-Place Records Management.
- Explain the value of and create then configure File Plans.
- Explain the value of and create then configure Content Organizer.
- Explain the value of and create then configure Document ID Service.
- Explain how business processes can be automated using Microsoft InfoPath and create applications to provide solutions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of options to the Microsoft InfoPath tool which has received an end-of-life announcement.
- Create out-of-the-box Workflows as well as build Custom Workflow using SharePoint Designer.
- Architect portals and solutions that facilitate automation of business process in SharePoint 2013.
About the Assessment
The assessment is composed of multiple choice questions designed to test the Business Process Automation SharePoint knowledge. Specific content focuses on the following topics, but is not limited to:
- Automating content, tracking and approvals across the business
- Developing organizational efficiency
- Complying with government regulations or internal business processes
- Focusing on real-world user problems
- Managing enterprise content with views and metadata navigation
- Working with content types and document sets
- Creating and managing site structure and branding
- Working with InfoPath
- Using Workflow for approval, publishing, task assignment, etc.
- Creating custom Workflows